Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Comfort vs. Confusion

"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity, and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you.... Whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from of evil" (Proverbs 1:22,23,33). "God is not the Author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints" (1 Corinthians 14:33).

Our world has many voices,
But they do not agree.
Its contradicting noises
Parade simplicity.

But our God authors peace
For those who gladly hear it.
His comforts never cease
For all who heed His Spirit.

In God there's no confusion,
But comfort and accord
With this one great conclusion:
That Jesus Christ is Lord.

Thank You, Lord, for making known
Your words from age to age.
We find our comfort at Your throne
And on the Scripture's page.

No comments: