Saturday, July 22, 2006

Lookingglass Laver

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal... For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat: When they go into the tabernacle of the congregation, they shall wash with water, that they die not; or when they come near to the altar to minister.... And he made the laver of brass, and the foot of it of brass, of the lookingglasses of the women assembling, which assembled at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation" (Exodus 30:17-20, 38:8). "Now are ye clean through the word which I have spoken unto you" (John 15:3).

Behold the laver made of brass
Where servant priests would meet,
Constructed from the lookingglass,
To wash their hands and feet.

Your Word is like that polished laver
That shows to me my sins;
And cleanses me to serve my Savior,
Before my work begins.

No comments: