Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fixed on His Faithfulness

"O God, my heart is fixed.... I will praise Thee, O Lord, among the people" (Psalm 108:1,3). "Most men will proclaim everyone his own goodness: but a faithful man, who can find?" (Proverbs 20:6). "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me... I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father but by Me" (John 14:1,6).

My heart is fixed; I rest my mind
Upon the faithfulness and worth
Of Jesus Christ, in Whom we find,
The only faithful Man on earth.

We search the earth and we can see
That many think that they are good.
Yet with a closer scrutiny,
None do as they always should.

None, that is, but Jesus Christ!
Praise Him for His faithfulness
That led Him to be sacrificed,
And forevermore shall bless!

No comments: