Saturday, July 15, 2006

Believe and Behold

"Show me now Thy way, that I may know Thee.... And he [Moses] said, I beseech Thee, show me now Thy glory" (Exodus 33:13,18). "He made known His ways unto Moses" (Psalm 103:7). "Jesus saith unto her [Martha], Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?" (John 11:40).

Show me now Your way, O Lord,
That I may better know
The glory that may be explored
In Christ that You will show.

Remember now what Jesus said,
When standing at the grave
Where Lazarus was four days dead,
And this command He gave:

"Take away the stone." That's all.
But unbelief objected.
And then He bade them to recall
How glory was detected.

His glory He would soon display
If they would just believe;
And thus believing, then obey,
And they would then perceive.

How many times has it been so
That I have not believed,
And missed the glory God would show,
And thus His heart I grieved?

No comments: