Monday, November 15, 2004

Want Wisdom?

"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy" (James 3:17). "The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us" (Romans 5:5).

Wisdom that comes from above
Is peaceable, gentle, and pure.
It comes from the Lord's heart of love,
And therefore will always endure.

It's easy to be entreated.
It's full of the mercy of God.
It loves when our heart is depleted,
By the Spirit who sheds love abroad.

Wisdom is ours if we ask!
The fruit of His Spirit imparts
Impartially for every task,
Without hypocritical hearts.

2 comments:

Darnell Clayton said...

So I read your email and I can say that (to clarify my eternal fate) that I am a believer in Christ, and do value the input that you have given me. I have already started praying for the person daily...as well as seeking the Lord's opinion in this matter. Thanks for all of your help...I'll be seeking your advice in the future. Selah!

Quiet Time Poems said...

Our God is awesome! Great to hear that you have indeed trusted our Lord, brother, and that you belong to Him. Great to hear that you are trusting Him also with the SECOND most important decision in life (a godly wife), and that you are committing that matter to Him in prayer. I am praying with you! God bless you, as you delight yourself in Him, brother Hidden Nook.