Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Marvel at the Manner

"My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?.... They pierced My hands and My feet.... I will declare Thy name unto My brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee.... All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn unto the Lord.... A seed shall serve Him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. They shall come and shall declare His righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that He hath done this" (Psalm 22:1-31, 1000 B.C.). "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God!" (1 John 3:1).

Behold and marvel at the love
That calls us sons of God!
Behold that manner spoken of
By God's judgmental rod!

It fell upon the sinless Christ
And pierced His hands and feet.
Behold, God's Lamb was sacrificed
To pay the ransom meet!

Oh God, our God, did you forsake,
The Son of Your delight,
That You might thereby justly make
Us children in Your sight?

Amazing love! What can we say,
When we behold this manner?
"He has done this!" We display
Upon our upheld banner!

And thus we turn while here on earth,
To share His love with others.
And we rejoice in our new birth
That makes us sons and brothers.

No comments: