Thursday, November 11, 2004

Lord and Lifter

"Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But Thou, Oh Lord, art a Shield for me; my Glory, and the Lifter up of mine head.... I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people that have set themselves against me round about" (Psalm 3:2-6). "For He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my Helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me" (Hebrews 13:5,6).

Lord, You are my Shield, my Glory, my Lord
Who comforts and lifts up my head.
In life's battlefield, Your Word is my sword
And compass by which I am led.

Lord, You are my God, my Helper in life,
So therefore I need never fear.
At home or abroad, in peace or in strife,
It's enough, Lord, to know that You're near.

2 comments:

Darnell Clayton said...

Nice poetry. I see your the spiritual type (what is lacking in this blogsphere). Quick question for you. Umm...you are much older than I am and a guy so that is pretty good.

How should a guy pursue a girl in a Godly fashion? I know how the world pursue's them (and they end in divorce). How should I as a christian pursue a girl? Thanks! (email me)

Quiet Time Poems said...

Hidden Nook,

I can see that you are no stranger to the book of Proverbs. "House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the Lord" (Proverbs 19:14). Marriage is God's idea. Let's see what He has to say about it. God bless!

I'll share further with you at your Gmail address.