Friday, November 19, 2004

Mountain of the Mistaken

"In the Lord put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?.... If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do? The Lord is in His holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: His eyes behold, His eyelids try the children of men.... Upon the wicked He shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup" (Psalm 11:1-6).

Flee as a lone, frightened bird?
Is that what you want me to do?
Forget about God's holy word,
And listen instead now to you?

My friend, you are sadly mistaken!
The Lord God is still on His throne.
You cannot destroy this foundation:
God never abandons His own.

Indeed, there is coming a day
When sinners in mountains shall hide,
And then to those mountains they'll say:
Fall on us! Who may abide?

They'll flee from the wrath and the face
Of the Lamb in the Great Tribulation.
But then there'll be no hiding place
For those who reject His salvation.

Flee as a bird? I don't think so.
I'll trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.
I'll go where He wants me to go,
Dismissing all other advice.

No comments: