Thursday, November 25, 2004

When We Wake

"As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness" (Psalm 17:15). "What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits toward me?" (Psalm 116:12).

For blessings given without number
That from Your hand we take,
In winter, spring, in fall and summer,
We give thanks, for Jesus' sake.

For blessings yet beyond our graves
When each believer wakes,
We give You thanks that Jesus saves,
Then in His likeness makes!

What shall we render to You, Lord,
For all that You have done?
You gave what we could not afford,
Through Your beloved Son!

When we shall wake on heaven's shore
We'll thank You face to face.
But till then we would live more
In gratitude and grace.

3 comments:

Darnell Clayton said...

Hmm...still at the poetry? :)

That is good to see.

Hey I rhymed! :) Thanks for the advice before. I really needed it. I am still pondering whether or not to pursue...mainly because there are several thousand miles seperating us (long distance relationships can be expensive).

Anyway, here is my generic message. Selah!

Selah and God bless!

Blogging is like outer space. Although there may be spiritual life in your corner of the internet universe, blogging as a whole is mostly divided by personal interests and/or political ideals.

That is why I find it encouraging to find bloggers like you who still dedicate their internet sites to the Creator above. I was rather inspired and created a team blog called One Spirit in order to keep track of the believers out there in the blogosphere. I added you to it's blog roll, but if you do desire not to be on it you can email me and I will take it off.

If anyone desires to be apart of this team blog (in other words post on it besides me) simply email me and I will add you to the team blog list. You can use it to discuss anything from God, to prayer concerns, to whatever. And if you know any other belivers out there let me know. Selah!

Quiet Time Poems said...

Thanks, Hidden Nook! It's a good idea to consolidate the blogs that have spiritual encouragement.

God bless you.

Looking unto Jesus, brother David

Quiet Time Poems said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.