Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Fit Foundation

Read:  Psalm 69 / Proverbs 24 / Ezra 3 / 1 Peter 3

 

Psalm 69:6 ~ Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

Proverbs 24:27 ~ Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.

Ezra 3:11 ~ And all the people shouted... they praised the LORD... the foundation of the house of the LORD was laid.

1 Peter 3:15 ~ But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

 

The ground must have a preparation

Before the building can be framed. 

My heart must have a fit foundation

To preach the Gospel unashamed. 

 

So, let my Lord be sanctified

Within my heart in every season

As I declare why Jesus died

To answer those who ask a reason. 

 

 

No comments: