Thursday, September 07, 2023

Robber or Redeemer

Read:  Psalm 101 / Proverbs 07 / 1 Samuel 31 / John 18

 

Psalm 101:7 ~ He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. 

Proverbs 7:25 ~ Let not thine heart decline to her ways.

1 Samuel 31:6 ~ So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armor bearer, and all his men, that same day together.

John 18:39,40 ~ Will ye therefore that I release... the King?...  Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.


Why should the robber reign within

Who comes to steal, kill, destroy,

And draw my heart away with sin

That robs me of salvation's joy? 

 

Let my Redeemer rule instead,

Who does not take, but rather, gives

The promised blessings that He said

He will provide because He lives!  

 


No comments: