Monday, September 18, 2023

Led by His Light

Read:  Psalm 112 / Proverbs 18 / 2 Samuel 11 / Acts 8

 

 Psalm 112:4,7 ~ Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness... His heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD.

Proverbs 18:1,21 ~ Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom... Death and life are in the power of the tongue.

2 Samuel 11:27 ~ David had... displeased the LORD.

Acts 8:35 ~ Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

 

I turned from the lies I had heard

And searched in the darkness of night

Till God sent the truth of His Word

To lead me to Christ by His light.

 

The light of God's Word that was sent,

Which fearfully showed me my sin,

Then led me to humbly repent

And joyfully let Jesus in!  

 

 

No comments: