Sunday, September 03, 2023

Loving our Lord

Read:  Psalm 97 / Proverbs 03 / 1 Samuel 27 / John 14

 

Psalm 97:10-12 ~ Ye that love the LORD, hate evil... Rejoice in the LORD... give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Proverbs 3:34 ~ Surely, he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

1 Samuel 27:1 ~ And David said in his heart, I shall now perish one day by the hand of Saul... I should speedily escape. 

John 14:23 ~ If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will... make our abode with him.

 

The more we are loving our Lord,

The more we shall certainly hate

The evil that God has abhorred

With all of its arrogant trait. 

 

If not for the Lord, we would perish

Like sheep that have all gone astray. 

No wonder we’ve chosen to cherish

And worship the Lord we obey! 

 

 

No comments: