Friday, February 03, 2023

Mercy Meant

Read:  Psalm 56 / Proverbs 3 / Genesis 50 / Romans 13

 

Psalm 56:4 ~ In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

Proverbs 3:34 ~ Surely he... giveth grace unto the lowly.

Genesis 50:20 ~ But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Romans 13:12,14 ~ The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light… put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.

 

How good is the mercy God meant, 

Exceeding our best expectation,

In view of redemption God sent

Through Jesus, the Lord of salvation. 

 

The mercy we could not have planned

Is manifest now in our sight. 

Though darkness confronts us, we stand,

For Christ is our armor of light. 

 


No comments: