Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Heading Higher

Read:  Psalm 61 / Proverbs 8 / Exodus 5 / 1 Corinthians 2

 

Psalm 61:2,8 ~ Lead me to the rock that is higher than I... that I may daily perform my vows.

Proverbs 8:13,34,35 ~ The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate... Blessed is the man that heareth Me, watching daily at My gates... But he that sinneth against Me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Exodus 5:2 ~ And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go?

1 Corinthians 2:2,7,8 ~ I determined not to know anything... save Jesus Christ, and him crucified... The hidden wisdom... which none of the princes of this world knew.

 

There is a Rock to where I'm led

While lifted by my Savior's hand. 

Still higher daily I will head

As I obey my Lord's command. 

 

The evil I should put away

I see portrayed in Pharaoh's pride.

I'm heading higher every day

Through Christ my Rock who for me died. 

 


No comments: