Saturday, October 05, 2019

Wisdom in His Word

Read:  Psalm 119:81-88 / Proverbs 5 / 1 Kings 4 /Acts 25

Psalm 119:87 They had almost consumed me upon earth; but I forsook not thy precepts.
Proverbs 5:7,9 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth... lest thou give thine honor unto others, and thy years unto the cruel.
1 Kings 4:29,34 God gave Solomon wisdom... And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon.
Acts 25:13 And after certain days king Agrippa and Bernice came unto Caesarea to salute Festus... Then Agrippa said unto Festus, I would also hear the man myself.

The truth of God has set me free
From soul-enslaving lies I heard.
God’s wisdom has delivered me
And led me by His faithful Word. 

When God sent messengers renowned,
The people came to hear them speak.
Today God’s wisdom still is found
As in His Word His truth I seek. 


No comments: