Monday, October 28, 2019

Humble vs. Haughty

Read:  Psalm 131 / Proverbs 28 / 2 Kings 5 / 1 Cor. 4

Psalm 131:1 LORD, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me.
Proverbs 28:26 He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
2 Kings 5:11 Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
1 Corinthians 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

The heart that is humble and wise
Will trust in our Savior's dominion. 
The heart that is haughty relies
On arrogant, self-willed opinion.

Though Naaman had haughtily turned,
He afterward sought for God's favor.
We likewise have gratefully learned
To humbly rely on the Savior.   


No comments: