Saturday, October 26, 2019

Prevailing Power

Read:  Psalm 129 / Proverbs 26 / 2 Kings 3 / 1 Cor. 2

Psalm 129:2,4 Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me... The LORD is righteous: he hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked.
Proverbs 26:2,27 The curse causeless shall not come... Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him. 
2 Kings 3:16-18  Make this valley full of ditches.. That valley shall be filled with water... This is but a light thing in the sight of the LORD: he will deliver the Moabites also into your hand.
1 Corinthians 2:5 Your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

I hear the voice of heaven's thunder;
I see my Lord's prevailing power. 
The cords of hell are cut asunder;
The name of God is my strong tower. 

The wells of earth have all run dry;
The wise men of this earth are fools. 
The fountain of the Lord springs high
And fills the valley with its pools.  


No comments: