Saturday, June 15, 2019

Charged to Choose

Read:  Psalm 17 / Proverbs 15 / Deuteronomy 30 / Mat. 2

Psalm 17:15 I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. 
Proverbs 15:11 Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?
Deuteronomy 30:19 I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life.
Matthew 2:2 Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

When I awake on heaven's shore
I know I shall be satisfied
With choices that I made before
To live for Christ, who for me died. 

The wise men had no time to lose
When charged to go to Bethlehem. 
So may I wisely also choose
To worship Christ my Lord like them.   


No comments: