Thursday, September 06, 2018

Helpers and Hinderers

"Behold, God is mine Helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul" (Psalm 54:4).  "We shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ…. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.  Let us not therefore judge one another anymore: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another" (Romans 14:10-19).

The Lord is my Helper each day;
I rest knowing He's in control.
At times He sends people my way  
As helpers upholding my soul.

Yet hinderers also may come,
And thus I am taught to beware
To know where my help has come from
And cast on the Lord all my care. 

If I give occasion for stumbling,
I'll answer to Christ on His throne. 
I should not be judging or mumbling,
But trusting my Savior alone. 

Since helpers and hinderers too
May flourish, or they may decrease,
O Lord, keep my mind stayed on You,
The Author of all of my peace.  


No comments: