Saturday, September 15, 2018

Larger than this Life

"The LORD liveth, that hath redeemed my soul out of all distress" (1 Kings 1:29).  "O God, Thou art my God; early will I seek Thee: my soul thirsteth for Thee, my flesh longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is… Thy lovingkindness is better than life" (Psalm 63:1,3).   "The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath" (Proverbs 15:24).  "But this I say, brethren, the time is short… for the fashion of this world passeth away" (1 Corinthians 7:29,31). 

There is a hunger deep within
For something larger than this life, 
But where on earth shall we begin
To satisfy this inner strife?

The Lord has seen our soul's distress,
And He has satisfied our thirst. 
He gave His life that He might bless
The sinner destined to be cursed. 

His lovingkindness, like a well
Within this barren land, is full,
That we may thus depart from hell
And fix our hearts on heaven's goal.  

Lord, since our life on earth is short,
Let larger things now fill our days
Than mere distractions that distort
The lovingkindness of Your ways. 


No comments: