Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Prevailing in Prayer


"As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.  Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and He shall hear my voice... Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee" (Psalm 55:16,17,22).  "I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the Gospel of Christ.  Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me" (Romans 15:29,30). 

The great communication line
That every child of God possesses
With access to the Throne Divine
Is prayer, the means by which God blesses. 

The burdens that we bring in prayer  
(And those unspoken) God shall hear. 
We're called to cast on Him our care,
For God who cares, inclines His ear. 

The battle rages for each soul,
And so the need for prayer great
To see the Gospel blessings full,
Which we may yet communicate.

O Lord, we thank You for this gift
Of prayer, by which we are prevailing. 
Receive our praise we also lift
For mercies that are never failing.  


No comments: