Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Ambassadors' Aim


"David… the anointed of the God of Jacob, and the sweet psalmist of Israel, said, The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and His Word was in my tongue… this is all my salvation, and all my desire" (2 Samuel 23:1,2,5).  "O prepare mercy and truth… that I may daily perform my vows" (Psalm 61:7,8).  "A faithful ambassador is health… The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul" (Proverbs 13:17,19).  "Purge out therefore the old leaven… For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us" (1 Corinthians 5:7).

The Psalmist David was anointed
To speak as an ambassador
And prophesy as God appointed
Of His salvation yet in store. 

Ambassadors should have this aim:
To bring the Gospel's declaration
To sinner's lost in sin and shame
Who need to hear of Christ's salvation. 

How great is His salvation's wealth
Procured at heaven's highest price!
Ambassadors of heaven's health
Proclaim our Savior's sacrifice.  

Lord, purge our hearts of sinful leaven
To be ambassadors You've sent
Who aim to show the way to heaven
To sinners who will yet repent.  


No comments: