Friday, February 12, 2016

Worthy of our Worship


"I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.  I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised" (Psalm 18:1-3).  "Ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come" (1 Thessalonians 1:9,10).

How good it is to exercise
The human will that God imparts
To do the thing that is most wise: 
To worship Him with all our hearts. 

Praise God for the prerogative
To love Him freely as we should!   
He gave His life that we might live
Because He is supremely good. 

Our Lord is worthy to be praised;
We banish idols from our sight
As grateful worship now is raised
With all our heart, and soul, and might.

O Lord, remove from us the leaven
That hinders worship that is true.
We wait for You to come from heaven
And gladly serve You as we do.  


No comments: