Monday, September 16, 2013

Goodness of His Guidance

“Cause me to hear Thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in Thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto Thee… Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness” (Psalm 143:8-10).  “A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps” (Proverbs 16:9).  “The Spirit of truth… will guide you into all truth” (John 16:13). 

The lovingkindness of our God
Revealed in His Word each morning
Will guide us with His staff and rod,  
Will comfort us, and give us warning.

God shows the way where we should walk;
He teaches us to do His will.
He gives us wisdom when we talk,
Instructing us when we are still.

God leads us by His Holy Spirit
To hear and to obey His voice,
And as He causes us to hear it,
We walk with Him and we rejoice. 

A man’s heart may devise his way,
But God will give our steps direction.
His Spirit guides us every day
Into the truth of God’s perfection. 

We thank You, Lord, that You will guide
Our hearts to do the things we should
By Your instruction You provide
To manifest that You are good. 

Lord, show us how to reach the youth
And how to reach the old as well,
Since we are stewards of Your truth
By which You rescue souls from hell. 


No comments: