Friday, September 20, 2013

Heralded Healing

“He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.  He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names” (Psalm 147:3,4).  “Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?” (Proverbs 20:9).  “They knew not that I healed them.  I drew them with cords of a Man, with bands of love” (Hosea 11:3,4).  “Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you” (John 20:21). 

The Lord is healing hearts so broken,
For we are healed by His scars!
We hear it in the Scriptures spoken,
And heralded as well by stars! 

The stars declare our Savior’s glory
As names that He assigned reveal,
Unfolding thus redemption’s story,
That heralded how God would heal. 

Astrology is just a sham
That Satan uses to distort
The declaration of “I Am”
Of His salvation’s great report! 

Thus Virgo had announced the Seed
Who would be born bear our sin
As God Incarnate met our need,
Announcing Satan would not win. 

This plan to herald was the Lord’s,
Which made the evening sky His scroll,
To draw us to Him by His cords
By every means to save our soul!

The Scriptures are the declaration
To show what stars had once declared,
That Christ would bring to us salvation
So that our souls could thus be spared. 

And so by many ways diverse
God heralded His wondrous plan.
The Gospel that we now rehearse
Is given, not to stars, but man!

So we proclaim, as stars once did,
This healing by our Lord and Savior:
We shouldn’t let His Word be hid,
But shine as stars to show His favor! 

O Lord, You gave to us Your peace
And sent us with Your truth revealed.
So by Your grace we would increase
The souls who trust You and are healed.


No comments: