Monday, September 02, 2013

Watching and Weighing

“My son, if thou wilt receive My words, and hide My commandments with thee… and liftest up thy voice for understanding; if thou seekest her… as for hid treasures; then shalt thou… find the knowledge of God” (Proverbs 2:1-5).  “Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting” (Daniel 5:27).  “Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim… He knew all men, and needed not that any should testify of man: for He knew what was in man” (John 2:24,25). 

I hear the prompting of my Lord
To heed His words and His commands,
To search for them as treasures stored,
And find a heart that understands. 

The Lord is weighing my desire
For precious truths that He will show,
And if my longing should be higher,
I may be sure, the Lord will know. 

His balances are always right;
He sees the measure of my love.
He ponders when I have delight
In things below and things above.

My Lord can see the difference
As He has watched my heart’s reaction
In terms of my obedience
In contrast to my heart’s distraction.

The servants at the wedding feast
Where Jesus Christ our Lord attended
Obeyed the Lord and thus increased
The blessing of the wine extended. 

They filled the pots up to the brim;
They could have filled them just halfway.
Consider how we honor Him
When we wholeheartedly obey! 

The Lord is watching and is weighing,
And thus He ponders all our ways. 
We show desire by obeying
With hearts that long to give Him praise. 

O Lord, come have Your way in us,
And mold in us a heart to yield,
As You have watched and weighed us thus
And sent us forth into Your field.


No comments: