Sunday, July 03, 2011

Pitied in the Pit

"I waited patiently for the LORD, and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon the rock, and established my goings" (Psalm 40:1,2).

Eternity was drawing near,
And I was not prepared.
I cried to friends, but none would hear,
Nor was there one who cared.

I waited for the Lord and cried,
For what else could I do?
Like many others who had died,
I knew that I would too.

I knew that I was in a pit
Of deadly apathy
Where others were content to sit
Until eternity.

But God was working in my heart;
He looked on me with love,
And He was waiting to impart
Salvation from above.

The hand of God was wonderful
Which drew me to that place
And set His love upon my soul
And lifted me by grace!

O Lord, I never would forget
Nor would I cease to talk
About Your saving love that set
My feet upon the Rock!

No comments: