Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Forming the Faithful

"In the shadow of Thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.... My heart is fixed, O God" (Psalm 57:1,7). "A faithful man, who can find? (Proverbs 20:6). "I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none" (Ezekiel 22:30). "And the sea arose by reason of a great wind that blew.... but He saith unto them, It is I; be not afraid" (John 6:18-20).

The faithful are not merely found;
They're molded in the storm.
Calamities in life abound
Where faithfulness may form.

The Lord still rules the stormy seas,
And He commands their waves.
He forms, through our calamities,
The faithfulness He craves.

The Lord is searching in our hearts,
Yet He is working too,
And thereby faithfulness imparts
In those who find Him true.

O Lord, when all the storms have passed
With all of their distress,
We'll see Your purpose then at last:
To form our faithfulness.

Until that day, Lord, give us ears
To hear You testify
Above the storm and all our fears:
"Fear not, for it is I!"

No comments: