Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Higher Hope

"My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holy day. Why art thou cast down my soul? And why art thou disquieted in me? Hope thou in God, for I shall yet praise Him for the help of His countenance" (Psalm 42:3-5).

Hope is plunged into the mire
That hangs on fair reactions.
There is a hope supremely higher,
Above these mere distractions.

Hope that yearns for good times past
Shall not be satisfied.
There is a higher hope at last
That God will now provide.

Hope that's anchored in the Lord
Is lifted by His grace
To view that day we look toward
When we shall see His face!

Thank You, Lord, for hope that's true
Which cannot be mistaken
Because it rests at last on You,
Our Rock that's never shaken.

No comments: