Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Which Words?

"Behold, I have sworn by My great name, saith the Lord... and all the remnant... shall know whose words shall stand: Mine or theirs" (Jeremiah 44:26,28). "That thy trust may be in the Lord, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth, that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:19-21).

God has sworn by His great name
And staked His spotless reputation
On each fulfillment of His claim
Of judgment and His great salvation.

Yet His words have met the foe
Who mocks the truth that God declares.
Very soon, though, all shall know
Which will stand: His words or theirs.

And thereby God will validate
His words of truth with certainty.
And thus His name He'll vindicate
For time and all eternity.

No comments: