Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Cause of Christ

"Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to Thy word" (Psalm 119:154). "There is none to plead your cause" (Jeremiah 30:13). "For this cause came I unto this hour" (John 12:27).

Plead my cause, Lord, You have heard
And seen the trouble I am in.
According to Your faithful Word,
Rescue me from all my sin.

Plead my cause, Lord, lest I die
And perish in my sinful state.
Only You can testify
And save my soul from judgment's fate.

Lord, I've heard You plead my cause
In that troubling hour You came.
Thus astonished, now I pause
To contemplate my sin and shame.

Can there be no other path
To plead my cause and rescue me?
Must my Lord endure such wrath
To thus provide the sinner's plea?

I did not know what I had prayed!
I did not understand the cost
That for my soul, Lord, You had paid,
To plead for me among the lost.

Sin condemned me: rightly so!
Death had opened wide her jaws!
It was love that made You go
And strive in death to plead my cause.

Thank you, Lord, for all you did;
My cause was hopeless otherwise!
My tears before You were not hid,
Nor was my cause before Your eyes.

No comments: