Thursday, February 07, 2008

Secretly Seen

"He knoweth the way that I take.... For He performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with Him" (Job 23:10-14). "When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path" (Psalm 142:3). "Pray to thy Father which is in secret, and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly" (Matthew 6:6).

All of my secrets are known.
The Lord sees my most inward part:
The unspoken prayer and the groan,
As well as the joy of my heart.

God knows the way that I take.
The Lord knows me inside and out.
He sees every foolish mistake.
He searches each lingering doubt.

I know I am watched by His eyes.
He sees what no other can see.
I know He is loving and wise
In all He performs within me.

And therefore I'll lift up my prayer;
I know God shall certainly hear.
On Him I will cast all my care,
And know He is secretly near.

No comments: