Saturday, February 02, 2008

Printed Prayer

"Oh that my words were now written! Oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock forever! For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. And though worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another, though my reins be consumed within me" (Job 19:23-27).

Sometimes we may utter prayers
With little expectation,
Forgetting that God truly cares,
And hears our invocation.

Consider now this classic end,
In Job's petition heard:
He prayed that his words might be penned,
And printed, word for word.

We listen to the words God gives
To Job with precious worth,
That his Redeemer Who now lives
Shall stand upon the earth.

What a word of prophecy
That Job petitioned thus!
These are words for you and me
That God preserved for us.

No comments: