Friday, February 22, 2008

Relearning Returning

"Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat. And they say unto Him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes. He said, Bring them hither to Me. And He commanded the multitude to sit down... and they did all eat, and were filled... about five thousand men, beside women and children" (Matthew 14:16-21).

How many times must I relearn
The truth of loaves and fishes:
God multiplies what I return
Beyond my prayerful wishes.

The Lord who gives me His command
Will give sufficiency
To do whatever He has planned
By His ability.

I know my gifts are very small,
But that is not the key.
I hear my Lord and Savior's call:
Now bring them here to Me.

Since everything I have is His,
I'll gladly give them back
To see Him multiply what is,
That there may be no lack.

No comments: