Monday, February 04, 2008

Rousing Reality

"How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with Thee" (Psalm 139:17,18).

Oh how precious is the treasure
Of Your thoughts revealed to me!
Oh how countless is their measure,
Like the sand beside the sea!

How rousing is reality
When I awake each day!
Lord, You set Your love on me;
You hear me when I pray!

You have promised not to leave
And that You never will forsake.
It's like a dream! Yet I believe
That You are with me when I wake!

Lord, my heart could never dream,
Nor could I comprehend,
The blessings now that surely seem,
That when I wake, they'll end.

And yet I wake each day to find
That You are with me still.
What a wondrous peace of mind,
And what a rousing thrill!

No comments: