Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Road of Righteousness

"Righteousness shall go before Him, and shall set us in the way of His steps" (Psalm 85:13). "He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honor" (Proverbs 21:21). "Found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.... forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:9-14).

There is a road of righteousness,
Where God directs our way
Within the path that He will bless,
And there I choose to stay.

This righteousness is not my own,
But rather Christ the Lord's.
It rests on Christ, the Corner Stone;
What peace this truth affords!

Upon this road I thus embark
That leads to heaven's splendor.
I press toward that glorious mark,
In Christ, my soul's Defender.

Forgetting, then, those things behind,
I reach for things before.
These things are hidden from the blind;
These riches fools ignore.

But God has set before my eyes
These treasures in my Lord.
And He is therefore all the prize
My soul shall press toward.

No comments: