Friday, November 09, 2007

Enlightened on the End

"I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.... Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.... Lo, they that are far from Thee shall perish.... But it is good for me to draw near to God" (Psalm 73:17,24,27).

I could not be comforted nor comprehend,
Until I went in to the Lord's sanctuary:
Then understood I the soul's latter end,
And there I released the burden I carried.

O what a difference perspective can make!
I was so foolish, but God loved me still.
O what a promise! He will not forsake
The soul that surrenders to His perfect will.

Those who are far from Him surely shall perish,
But those who draw near He'll receive into glory.
Thus I'm enlightened to hold and to cherish,
The Author and End of the greatest love story.

No comments: