Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Talk of the Times

"I am so troubled that I cannot speak. I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.... I will remember the works of the Lord: surely I will remember Thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all Thy work, and talk of Thy doings" (Psalm 77:4,5,11,12). "By grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast..... But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For He is our Peace" (Ephesians 2:8,9,13,14).

There were times I could not speak
When trouble took its toll.
My heart was faint, my mind was weak,
Frustration filled my soul.

I found no comfort in my heart;
But just more cause for tears.
Until the day I came apart
To ponder ancient years.

Then it was that I unveiled
A wondrous medication:
I remembered God prevailed
And paused for meditation.

There I found a point of view,
As from a mountain peak,
That gave me a perspective new
And loosed my tongue to speak.

Then it was the tables turned,
For now I could not cease
To speak of grace I had not earned
From Christ, who is our Peace.

No comments: