Saturday, April 07, 2007

Standing Steadfast

"And Ruth said, Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.... She [Naomi] saw that she was steadfastly minded to go with her" (Ruth 1:16-18). "Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him" (Matthew 20:34).

Lord, You have called me to come follow You,
And I would be steadfast, Lord; I would be true.
Until life on earth and my journey be through,
I'd trust You to meet very need.

Just like the steadfast commitment of Ruth,
Filled with a passion and love for Your truth,
God of my old age as well as my youth,
I'd follow wherever You lead.

No comments: