Sunday, April 22, 2007

Holy Hill

"O send out Thy light and Thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto Thy holy hill.... Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy" (Psalm 43:3,4). "And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha.... they crucified Him.... Now from the sixth hour (i.e., noon) there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour" (Matthew 27:33-45).

Lord, lead me to Your holy hill,
To the altar where You died,
Where love accomplished all Your will,
When You were crucified.

Led by light into that place
Where darkness spread its veil,
Light was brilliant by Your grace
Through love that did not fail.

What irony, that light should lead
Into that noonday night,
Where love would meet our deepest need,
And for our souls would fight!

Light exposed Your judgment rod,
Yet love received the blow.
So to the altar of my God
With joy I'll humbly go.

No comments: