Saturday, February 05, 2005

War of the Worms

"I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold" (Job 19:25,26). So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory" (1 Corinthians 15:54).

The worms may think they've won the war
Against the body in the grave,
But they can't know what lies in store,
For those whom God is pleased to save.

For my Redeemer lives, I know,
And gives to us eternal life.
He won the war against our foe:
The worms of death have lost the strife!

For soon enough our eyes shall see
Our risen Lord reign on this earth.
Then clothed in immortality,
We shall proclaim our Savior's worth!

No comments: