Friday, May 21, 2021

Christ is Crucial

Read:  Psalm 39 / Proverbs 21 / Numbers 24 / 2 Thes. 1

 

Psalm 39:6-13 Surely every man walketh in a vain show…  now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee… O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence.

Proverbs 21:29 A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, he directeth his way.

Numbers 24:17,19 I shall see him, but not now… there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel… Out of Jacob shall come he that shall have dominion.

2 Thessalonians 1:11 We pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

 

What purpose are we living for,

If not for glorifying Christ?

What is the point, if we ignore 

That He for us was sacrificed? 

 

The Star of Jacob shall return;

His Scepter then shall rise to reign. 

Yet NOW it’s crucial to discern: 

We live for Christ, or life is vain.  

 


No comments: