Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Meditate on His Mercy


"Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them... Eye for eye, tooth for tooth" (Exodus 21:1,24).  "But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation.  I will sing unto the LORD, because He hath dealt bountifully with me" (Psalm 13:5,6).  "My son, keep My words, and lay up My commandments with thee... go not astray" (Proverbs 7:1,25).  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true... think on these things" (Philippians 4:8).   

The law would demand tooth for tooth
To punish a sinful behavior, 
But mercy that pardons with truth
Is what we receive from our Savior!

By mercy we have our salvation
Through Christ, who for sinners has died
To thereby remove condemnation
From those who are now justified!  

So let us obey the command
To love as our Savior has spoken,
For it is by grace that we stand,
And not by the law we have broken. 

We meditate, Lord, on Your love
And think on the mercy You've shown
That sets our affections above
And moves us to make Your love known.  


No comments: