Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Christ Concealed


"Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law" (Psalm 119:18).  "It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter" (Proverbs 25:2).  "And they crucified Him, and parted His garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet… And about the ninth hour Jesus cried… My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?... Jesus, when He had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost" (Matthew 27:35,46,50).

Though Jesus Christ had been revealed
By all the prophets and the law,
The glory of our God concealed
The Christ whom sinners plainly saw. 

The Christ was hidden in plain sight
(Except to those who searched Him out)
When on the cross He fought our fight
Until His great triumphant shout. 

These deeds and words were all in view
Which David clearly had foretold
When moved to write Psalm twenty-two
About the Christ they would behold. 

O Christ, enlighten now my mind
With things concealed from the lost,
That I may show the truth I find
Regarding Your salvation's cost!  


No comments: