Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Reminded by the Removal

"Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me.... But unto Thee have I cried, O LORD, and in the morning shall my prayer prevent Thee.... Lover and friend hast Thou put far from me" (Psalm 88:8-18). "Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world.... At my first answer no man stood with me.... Notwithstanding, the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me... and delivered me out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me... and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen" (2 Timothy 4:10-18).

I wouldn't have chosen to be left alone,
Abandoned by lover and friend,
But that is the way, Lord, You made Yourself known;
You meant it for good in the end.

I wouldn't have chosen to feel forsaken
By others who turned to depart,
But when they were gone, Lord, Your love was unshaken,
And thereby You strengthened my heart.

I wouldn't have chosen the pain of rejection
By fair-weather friends that I knew,
But this was the path, Lord, You chose with perfection,
That caused me to lean upon You.

I wouldn't have chosen, nor would I now trade,
Those times when my heart felt so lonely,
For then, Lord, You taught me to not be afraid,
But trust in Your faithfulness only.

No comments: