Friday, March 18, 2011

My Meditation

"I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD" (Psalm 104:33,34). "There is a Friend that sticketh closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24). "Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.... for consider Him that endured such contradiction of sinners against Himself" (Hebrews 12:2,3).

How rich are the themes of my sweet meditation
When looking to Jesus, my Savior alone!
Enduring the cross, He has wrought my salvation,
And now is set down on His glorious throne.

How sweet is the Friendship of Christ, as no other,
Reminding me always I'm bought with a price.
Sticking much closer than even a brother,
He shows me my ransom by His sacrifice.

O Lord, I will sing for as long as I live,
And then ever after I'll be singing still!
I'll sing every song with the lyrics You give
In my meditation that You sweetly fill!

No comments: