Saturday, March 05, 2011

Laying our Love

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.... He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.... Under His wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Because he hath set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known My name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him" (Psalm 91:1-15).

There never was a better place
For us to lay whole hearted love
Than on the Lord of truth and grace
Who guards and guides us from above.

Trusting now beneath His wings,
He is our Buckler and our Shield,
For though He is the King of kings,
With tender mercies we are healed.

We call to Him; He answers thus
With words to comfort and to guide:
In trouble He will be with us
To be our Refuge where we hide.

O Lord, we thank You that You came
With love that would not turn away,
That we might know and praise Your name,
And all our love upon You lay.

No comments: