Saturday, October 02, 2010

Fixed on Following

"O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory" (Psalm 108:1). "Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following.... Peter, seeing him, saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do? Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? Follow thou me" (John 21:20-22).

O God, I have no other place
To fix my heart but You.
In You alone is saving grace,
And mercies ever new.

At times I turn around to see
What other men may do.
Your sweet reproof then comes to me,
Now "What is that to you?"

Lord, I thank You that You give
This simple admonition
That we may by this standard live
Fulfilling Your commission.

So keep our eyes upon You, Lord,
To follow where You lead,
And fix our hearts on the reward
Of loving You indeed.

No comments: