Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beloved Because

"I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice and my supplications.... For Thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling" (Psalm 116:1,8). "The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it" (Proverbs 10:22).

The reasons that I love the Lord
Are very plain to see:
Behold the blessings He outpoured
Because He first loved me!

I love the Lord because He heard
My voice and supplication;
When fear within my heart was stirred,
I cried in desperation.

The Lord not only heard my voice,
Responding to my prayer,
He made my trembling heart rejoice
When I was in despair!

Death was coming; that I knew,
But no one seemed to care.
I cried at last, O Lord, to You,
And You were waiting there.

You saved my soul from endless fears!
You came when I was calling,
And drawing near, You dried my tears,
And kept my feet from falling.

The blessings I could not afford
To me You richly gave.
But Oh! How much it cost You, Lord,
To ransom those You save!

I love You, Lord of my salvation,
For all Your blessings given.
I would, with greater consecration,
By grateful love be driven.

No comments: